Header Ads

4-year-old boy shot during gang attack

A 4-year-old boy was left battling for his life after being shot during a gang attack in Lavender Hill, South Africa.




Clyde Camphor was hit by bullets fired by two gang members aiming at some rival Flakka gang members who were sitting on a street corner on Monday afternoon March 8. It was learnt that he was running from a hail of bullets fired on the corner of St. Christopher's Avenue and St. Alexander Circle, when he was hit by it.




Clyde underwent an operation on Tuesday March 9, as the bullet ripped his intestines out.




Sharing her experience after the attack in which 17-year-old Tyron Koopman said to be Flakka gang member was killed, Clyde's 54-year-old grandmother Lenore Nkohla said;




"We were inside our yard when the shooting started.


"After hearing the gunshots, we started to run, the children entered the house and I went to the other side of the house.


"One of the kids shouted Clyde had been shot. As I walked inside he had his T-shirt up and I saw his intestines hanging out. The bullet went through his stomach.


"We rushed him to the hospital and he had his operation and he is doing well."




Tyron’s older brother Eltino Koopman, 28, admitted that he belonged to the Flakka gang. Eltino said;




“It’s circumstances that led him to that kind of life, we lost our mother when we were young and his father was never around,” Eltino explains.


“He dropped out of school and he joined the gang.


“On Monday he was sitting at the corner with his friends when a Hyundai stopped and two unknown guys got out and started shooting where my brother was and the opposite side.”




Daily Voice reported that Police spokesperson Sergeant Noloyiso Rwexana said the shooters fled the scene and have not been arrested.




Rwexana said;




“Steenberg police attended a shooting incident in Lavender Hill where a 17-year-old male was shot and fatally wounded and a four-year-old child shot and wounded.


“When the police arrived on the scene, they found the body with multiple gunshot wounds.


“The victim was declared dead on the scene by medical personnel.


“Cases of murder and attempted murder were opened for investigation.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.